This will take some steps but its really simple. My kids love it and it took me YEARS just to get them to eat a salad. Plus, the Dressing, is my oldest Son’s crack. He uses it on everything. EVERYTHING. And you can work it out to suit your level of spiciness. Also, there are two options with the bacon, which again, you can pick to suit your tastes.
Now, while we all love to skip steps or throw in our own curve balls, please try this with the ingredients I have listed below first especially where the Dressing is concerned. If later on, you want to go with a store bought brand in a bottle, go ahead but just try my way first. I honestly don’t think you’ll regret it,
Let’s start with making the Dressing, first.
You will need….
- A box of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix.
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1 Cup of Mayo
- 1 Cup of Milk (Fresh or Canned Milk. I like Fresh.)
- 4 Strips of Bacon Fried extra crispy and cooled. (NO BACON BITS. Try Actual Bacon.)
- 4 TBSP of Hot Pickled Jalapeno Peppers. If you use Medium or Mild, you may want to use 1/4 cup. Remember, if you are playing with Heat, go small before you go big. After this sits in Fridge for awhile, the Heat GROWS. Keep that in mind. Use Pickled because the Brine adds a zip to this recipe.
Add Mayo, Milk and Ranch Mix in Mason Jar. Seal with a lid and give it a good shaking. Grind the Jalapeno Peppers in a Food Processor and then add to the Jar—shake again.
As far as the Bacon, you have two choices here. You can add the crumbled Bacon to the Dressing—keeping in mind that the Bacon, no matter how crispy, will go soft. If you don’t mind soft Bacon, then go for it. If you want Crunchy Bacon, add a little to the salad just before serving.
Store in Fridge for an Hour before serving.
Now, For the Chicken and Salad …..
This will make 4 Large Salads.
You will need…..
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- McCormick Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Head of Leafy Lettuce
- Flaked Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Sliced Cucumber, Diced Fresh Apple (If everyone will eat this, use it. If not, Don’t. My kids wont but I will, so I just add it to mine and not to theirs.)
Put Chicken Breasts, frozen or thawed, in a bowl of water (enough to cover them) with Salt and Vinegar. Let Thaw or Marinate for a few hours until no longer frozen or you’re ready to Grill.
Throw on the Grill, using Rotisserie Seasoning on both sides. (Don’t be shy!) Cook until juice runs clear.
While they are cooking, cut up lettuce and if you are using Cucumber or Apple, cut those up too. Sprinkle a little lemon Juice on the apple and it will not turn brown.
Once the Chicken is done, slice in thin pieces. Season some more if you’d like.
On a plate, lay a bed of Lettuce and Cucumber or Apple. Lay out the Chicken. If you didn’t use the Bacon in the Dressing, crumble some now and sprinkle it on. Sprinkle with the flakey Parm Cheese. Drizzle with Dressing and Serve.