You can “Can” this if you’d like. It will make up to 1 Quart (3 cups). Double. triple for whatever amount you need if you are Canning. Since there is plenty of acid in the sauce, you can use a Water Bath Canner. If you don’t can, I’d make a few days ahead from when you need it. This allows all of the spices to merge and create a better flavored sauce. If you cant make it ahead of time, no worries. It’s fine fresh, too.
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Ketchup
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Peanut or Safflower Oil (You can substitute Canola or Vegetable Oil if you aren’t willing to use the other.)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 TBSP Spicy Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Optional: 1-2 fresh Red Chili Peppers. Seeded. Minced. Use Gloves. They burn.
Mix everything in a pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until sugar has completely dissolved. Can or Store or Use that Night.