Here’s one for the Hammered Hen or the not-so Hammered Hen. Meaning, you can either drink the Mix without alcohol for a spicier Tomato treat or add the alcohol.
Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 1/4 cups Tomato Juice – (If you have fresh Tomatoes from the Garden and want to juice your own, go for it. If not, buy your favorite brand of Juice from the store.)
- 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Celery Seed
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce
- Optional: You can replace the salt with Celery Salt. If you do so, you can eliminate the Celery Seed or keep it. And you can also add, optional, 1/2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish & a dash of Cayenne.
Combine everything in a Mason Jar. Cover with lid and give a good shake. Keeps in Fridge for a week. Remember to shake before using.
Bloody Mary – Hammered Hen Style
- 1/2 cup Cracked Ice
- 2 & 1/2 ounces of Vodka
- 5 ounces of Bloody Mary Mix (recipe above)
- 1 Celery Stalk
Add the ice to a glass. Add Vodka and Bloody Mary Mix to a Mason Jar with a lid. Shake it like you just don’t care. *wink* Pour over ice and yell Hammer-Time.