Few years ago, I started having an allergic reaction to wheat. I had to really start paying attention to “what” was in things. Not only that, but for a gazillion years, I’ve been very conscious as to what I serve my family. Always, The Hungry Hen, is in search of recipes “From Scratch”. I admit, not everything I find is worth sharing. Most things are downright disappointing. This, however, is one recipe I can “cluck” about.
I’ve added my little touches in red. Let me know what you think.
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour (If you want Gluten Free, instead of flour, add Arrowroot.) – I’m putting optional down for this one, too. I didn’t add flour or arrowroot when I made this. I just cooked the liquids down and I gotta tell ya, it was delish!
- 2 teaspoons of Chili Powder (I did tablespoons.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Minced Onion (If you don’t have minced, use Powder. I did!)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of Salt
- 1 teaspoons of Paprika
- 1 crushed Beef Bouillon Cube (I added 1 more than what the recipe called for.)
- 1/4 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons of Garlic Powder (I added the same as the onion powder.)
- 1 tablespoon of Cumin – I added this entire ingredient even though the recipe I found did not.
Add this and 2/3 cup of water to every pound of cooked and drained Hamburger. Again, if you go the same route as me and skip the flour or arrowroot, just simmer until the liquids cook down.